1. IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.

The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ORAS accounting software - BAD Service

Discussion in 'The Courtyard Café' started by pachinko, Nov 19, 2008.

1. pachinko

pachinko Alfrescian Old Timer

We bought ORAS accounting software for our office and sign maintenance contract with them on annual basis but when there is trouble , the boss PAtrick cannot be contacted . His phone is on mail box all the time , calling him or SMS him to solve problem , not interested to reply. My contract for maintenance is $1,000 per year , what can I do about it ?? The software is not cheap too , we paid a couple of thousands for it BUT never expect him to be so unreliable , uncontactable ! Any body here uses same software or know of any company that knows how to help me solve problem?? This software creates problems every now and then so I need a new vendor to provide maintenance. Please help . many Thanks

2. Neh_Neh_Pok

Neh_Neh_Pok Alfrescian Old Timer

Warn the boss your company will file a lawsuit and terminate the service against and with them respectively if he never reply you by today

3. fishbuff

fishbuff Alfrescian Old Timer

how complex is your accounting? an off the shelf product like MYOB or QuickBook can do the job easily and they are cheap by comparison to other software.

alternatively u can opt for OpenBravo open source ERP solution.. but u really need someone to customise it for u.

4. molly

molly Alfrescian Old Timer

My company use Sun Accounting System, very expensive, maintenance fees also expensive but tech support 100% good. (They actually come running like dog but then it's the money that we throw out)

Your company should either go for the real expensive or cheap ones ie. off the shelf packages like QuickBook :D

5. batman1

batman1 Alfrescian Old Timer

If u are an SME,accounting software packages like MYOB,UBS or Peachtree should be sufficient.Important is get one vendor with good support services(setup) and after sales services.

6. blackmore

blackmore Alfrescian Old Timer

Sounds like a ORLAN acctg system to me:cool:. Anything developed across the causeway you are literally asking for trouble in the first place. 1K for maintenance fees is consider cheeep cheep. I wonder if this Patrick a Malaysian to begin with as the way you are trying to get support sounds like a fly by night company.

Anyway, 6 months down judging from this; you will wake up your senses ,scrap this crap and change to a proper one.

Thru experience, there are two categories of system I am allergic/sensitive to as a System Implementer. One type is those developed by India indians. The other are Malaysian grown, many are not tried and tested and coupled with strong staff turnover internally; the person that will be screw the most are the client.;)

7. Eclair

Eclair New Member

Just wonder r u still using oras accounting software or have u changed to another software?
    If u still need help in oras accounting software, I might be able to help.