1. IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.

The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Discussion in 'A Singaporean's guide to Living In JB' started by wuqi256, Jan 3, 2012.

1. crystal_tiong

crystal_tiong Alfrescian Old Timer

Nusajaya is perfect place for ppl who work from home or has own business which doesnt require to travel daily in and out ....

2. crystal_tiong

crystal_tiong Alfrescian Old Timer

hee , lets see our frequency closer or not , where u are looking at now ? blink blink ...

3. yinyang

yinyang Alfrescian (Inf)

Wuqi, yours seem altruistic (given the demands or squeeze on your private life). We probably missed the earlier boat from jetty. And only lately my missus started to look at Nusajaya bit, attending seminars and tours to sites. I only just did replay of tour last saturday.

1st time saw the likes of Peter Lim's motor-city (palm tree still), East Ledang, Danga, Medini and Puteri Harbour. Missus trying for ballot for Medini (Pristine?), persuaded it's more vibrant what with Gleneagles, Affiniti nearby. PH looks kinda atas. Seems big boys are in. Danga Bay's Garden seems more cut out for PRC crowd, what with mainland developer securing fair percentage PRC investors.

Excuse my noob (and ignorant) post. Every success for yours

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  4. edwinssm

edwinssm Alfrescian Old Timer

Please help me, bro Wuqi. I'm looking for a retirement home in Desaru for my family. PMed you my situation, so hope you can give me some advice.

Thank you.

5. FHBH12

FHBH12 Alfrescian Old Timer

The tourism which is big money has taken a very bad hit ever since the riots. I think the Thailand economy will go downhill for several more quarters. Best to go in is probably not now.

6. wuqi256

wuqi256 Moderator - JB Section Old Timer

Home Page:
  7. wuqi256

Home Page:
    Please don't say that, retirement home in Desaru definitely doable but you can even consider Kulai as well as they have some which are good there.
    UEM has projects. Mahabuilders has projects there but catering mainly for locals.

8. yinyang

yinyang Alfrescian (Inf)

Not sure if Thai economy going south for "several more quarters". 1Q may have contracted -0.8% q/q. But YoY still 5%.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/breaking-news/asia/thai-q1-gdp-may-have-contracted-08-qq-20130520

Strong baht may had something to do with it, on the back of speculative high FDIs.

tgdp.jpg

9. wuqi256

Home Page:
    Just doing what little i can, yes i kind of like Medini Signature over the others, somehow i prefer to be in the midst of things but still not too much.
    Thank you and wishing you and your missus every success as well.

10. wuqi256

Home Page:
    There is already a roadside assistance scheme for the AA folks. More if they buy their own MY vehicles where insurance covers the cost of tow truck, etc. Accident wise also there is already some help. The SG consulate is on the 35th floor of the City Square building so one can go there for all the things you described where one lost passport, needs emergency documents to go back, registration for birth, etc.

11. DCputeri

DCputeri Alfrescian Old Timer

Looking at the way property purchase by Singaporeans, there will be a surge of application for the MM2M scheme.

12. Skooz

Skooz Alfrescian Old Timer

13. jasonjst

jasonjst Alfrescian Old Timer

Alamak by 2035 , 20yrs more , how many of us here still can take MRT ? Maybe we become bumi of Singapore liao. The whole country become foreign , nothing much left , jobs , HDB , cars all no longer afforable , go back for what ?

14. shctaw

shctaw Alfrescian (Inf)

Though sound funny , but it may be a true view of our country. A proxy of London.

Great wisdom.

15. cheerguan

cheerguan Alfrescian Old Timer

Hard to say. Most probably PAP will no longer be ruling Sg by 2035.

16. edwinssm

edwinssm Alfrescian Old Timer

I heard that UEM is plannig to redevelop Desaru Coast. But still no news from them so far. I do know that MB builders just launched Marinea but my family would prefer a place near the beach.

17. jasonjst

Ya right , PAP no longer rule Singkies , maybe FTs form a new FTS party voted themselve in ( since they outnumber us by millions) and rule Singkies , LOL ! Sinkies cant even protect their own rice bowl , how to help our own brothers and sisters ? By then most would have run road to JB or elsewhere liao !

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  18. jasonjst

Is the beach front gated and guard as well ? Otherwise how to prevent pirates coming in from Indonesia with their high power speed boats ?

19. Avonup

Avonup Alfrescian Old Timer

Wuqi: ".......One time I treated some folks to food and drinks at a gathering and ended up one chap asked if the money I so "generously" spent was funded by any developer or if I was an agent...."

I can attest to this. We once had a gathering organised by Wuqi. There were about 15 + of us (all strangers to one another), Wuqi insisted on paying for the drinks & food. One of his other close friend insisted on playing for the late comers. We did not meet after that. There was no material gain but I guess they feel good having friends and helping others. Thank you! Wuqi.

20. 1nottiboy

1nottiboy Alfrescian Old Timer

I remember reading and hearing abt developements in Desaru. I suspect it would be very nice when its done up. But i suspect it would move at MY speed. I would probably be a grandfather by then.