1. IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.

The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My journey ............

Discussion in 'Emigration Matters [no rep deductions]' started by manuka, Oct 8, 2011.

1. axe168

axe168 Alfrescian Old Timer

Bro, you know me well but partially correct ! My operation is legal, but chicken transaction is discreet :) no marketing strategy thou, hehe. You cannot ask me silly questions ie how much I lost.. I dunno the answer as I have yet to sell my chicken asset. However, you cld structure it ie forecast for profit/loss.

Despite the above, I believe you have changed... I wonder why... Perhaps you negative view turns out to be extremely positive for OZ and NZ?! You have begun to talk some senses, unlike your poor uneducated cousin - Eric Lum.

I always enjoy fruitful discussion and construction views. Feel free to disagree. But try omitting barbaric greetings..

2. QXD

QXD Alfrescian (InfP) Old Timer

Your post, along with the one previous to this, strikes me that you are a very down-to-earth person who is willing to share not only your successes humbly but the hard lessons you learned.

A breath of fresh air, I would say, compared to the like of some other posters here who seem to "agree" or provide "friendly" advice, but more often than not, would use it as an avenue to dump a truckload of self-praise, as if the point of their reply was to fish for compliments.

Hope you will stay, there a need for more people like you here.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  3. neddy

neddy Alfrescian (Inf)

4. neddy

neddy Alfrescian (Inf)

Perhaps you should know that not everyone is lucky enough to migrate to Australia with a pot of gold. I thank my lucky star for my second chance in life. Fuck the naysayers.

Perth is due for another record pollen count, take care.

A least I support Singaporeans here by drinking "Refresh Water".

5. Aussie Prick

Aussie Prick Alfrescian Old Timer

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  6. neddy

neddy Alfrescian (Inf)

1. Gay couples makes good tenants. Provided no 3rd party or they may kill each others in your house.
    2a. Chinese people - Have to replace doors and renovate kitchen. Esp the exhaust and rangehood.
    2b. Chinese students with mama - Mama is the one who mess up the place. Daughter has to apologise.
    3. Japanese ladies - Good tenants. They will not take care of the garden, unless their angmo boyfriends willing to help.
    Too many of them "birds" around and you need to supply your neighbours with earplugs.
    4. Koreans - restrict the number of kimchee pots outside.
    5. Kiwi with Singapore girlfriend - good tenants. Don't raise rentals so that they will stay on. Too bad, they bought a house.
    6. French female student - Bedbugs. Smelly clothes. cigarette butts and used condomd jammed the toilet.
    7. Irish youth - bottles, more bottles nothing but bottles. Not sure when they are sober? Car oil stains in garage floor. Bloody hard to remove.
    8. Malaysians - Good tenants

Excusez-moi .. femme ..
    [​IMG]
    Please do your laundry. (Mill St, South Perth)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  7. manuka

manuka Alfrescian Old Timer

Good analysis, you miss out indian / pakistanis / sri langkan ?

8. Aussie Prick

Aussie Prick Alfrescian Old Timer

Funny how wherever you go in the West you hear Asians being reliable tenants, good workers, and their kids are usually tops at school. So how come the "Westerners are superior" mentality in Singapore?

Strange

9. Ash007

Ash007 Alfrescian Old Timer

Singaporean have low self-esteem.

10. manuka

May be still living in colonial mentality between master and servant kind of mind set.

11. neddy

neddy Alfrescian (Inf)

[/QUOTE]

One of the great success story of Australia is the emerging group of Asian Aussies.
    These are really the role models for Singapore families who move to Australia for the sake of the kids.

Alice Pung,
    Cindy Pan,
    Benjamin Law,
    Kylie Kwong,
    Shaun Tan,
    Jenny Kee,
    Annette Shun Wah,
    Anh Do, Khoa Do,
    John So,
    Simone Lazaroo,
    Christopher Cyrill,
    Jason Yat-Sen Li,
    Sunil Badami,
    Quan Yeomans,
    Caroline Tran,
    Tom Cho,
    Vanessa Woods
    Luke Nguyen, Pauline Nguyen

and lots more…

My latest read
    [​IMG]
    http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/books/from-regime-to-riches-20110929-1kxtv.html

Alice Pung is a writer, lawyer and teacher, born in Footscray. (*** multiple occupations the modern way)

2007 Australian Newcomer of the Year award in the Australian Book Industry Awards

2009, the Australian representative at the Iowa International Writing Program.

2011, Alice was the Australian representative to the US Department of State ‘Fall and Recovery’ writers’ tour of disaster and conflict sites of America.
    Guest lecturers at Brown University, Vassar College, Peking University, the University of Bologna, the University of Milano and the University of Pisa.

Currently the writer in residence at Janet Clarke Hall, the University of Melbourne.
    works part time (legal) in the area of minimum wages .

The rest of her time she devotes to writing and school visits

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  12. Ash007

One of the odd things I've noticed is the lack of Singaporean migrants that made the headlines. People like Senator Penny Wong, Kumar, Poh, Adam Liew, Guy Sebastians, all came from Malaysia.
    One of the great success story of Australia is the emerging group of Asian Aussies.
    These are really the role models for Singapore families who move to Australia for the sake of the kids.

Alice Pung,
    Cindy Pan,
    Benjamin Law,
    Kylie Kwong,
    Shaun Tan,
    Jenny Kee,
    Annette Shun Wah,
    Anh Do, Khoa Do,
    John So,
    Simone Lazaroo,
    Christopher Cyrill,
    Jason Yat-Sen Li,
    Sunil Badami,
    Quan Yeomans,
    Caroline Tran,
    Tom Cho,
    Vanessa Woods
    Luke Nguyen, Pauline Nguyen

and lots more…

My latest read
    [​IMG]
    http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/books/from-regime-to-riches-20110929-1kxtv.html

Alice Pung is a writer, lawyer and teacher, born in Footscray. (*** multiple occupations the modern way)

2007 Australian Newcomer of the Year award in the Australian Book Industry Awards

2009, the Australian representative at the Iowa International Writing Program.

2011, Alice was the Australian representative to the US Department of State ‘Fall and Recovery’ writers’ tour of disaster and conflict sites of America.
    Guest lecturers at Brown University, Vassar College, Peking University, the University of Bologna, the University of Milano and the University of Pisa.

Currently the writer in residence at Janet Clarke Hall, the University of Melbourne.
    works part time (legal) in the area of minimum wages .

The rest of her time she devotes to writing and school visits[/QUOTE]

13. manuka

14. Ash007

Meaning Old Man was right? Must put spurs on hides?

15. manuka

UP DATE :

Since my first post 2011.... few things had happened in the last 3 years..

Career wide, still no progress but that drive me to do something rather different.....

1) I sold my family house in 2012 and used the money to buy 2 houses in cheaper suburds in north shore.

2) I used my total properties portfolio to borrow 1.5 million from the bank and bought 2 more properties in 2012 and increase my total holding to 7 fullsite houses ( although bank was very reluctant to lend as I rely on rental incomes.)

3) In 2013, there was some jump in capital appreciation ( 60-70%) in auckland north shore, I sold a property in jan 2014 and payback 80% of the loan.

I am still searching for the right career, although my age is catching up... those ideas of property investment were something I thought of while nursing my child and rocking him to sleep when he was 1 to 2 yrs old....

That is my life in Auckland !!! My child is turning 4 soon and settling down full time in a pre-school centre, I need another push for what I gonna do in my free time.............

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  16. Leongsam

Leongsam Administrator Staff Member Old Timer Old Timer

What sort of job are you looking for? From what you reveal about your property portfolio, you don't really need to work.

What are your interests and your hobbies?

17. neddy

neddy Alfrescian (Inf)

While looking for that ideal first career, have you thought f becoming a property manager as a second career?

My landlord insurance premium went up quite sharply this year, they played nasty by making me take up contents insurance. And make sure that my properties are professionally managed.

This year, I expect more rental defaults in Perth, Aust.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  18. The_Hypocrite

The_Hypocrite Alfrescian (Inf)

Rents are now dropping in Perth..so most landlords are now slashing rents...but cheap skate ang mors and asshole tenants will do anything to get a better deal...so maybe u r right...they will skip rent just for the hell of it as vacancy rates are going up,,desperate landlords might just accept anyone...

19. ZorrorroZ

ZorrorroZ Alfrescian Old Timer

Yes, I see the rental market easing compared to a year ago. When I arrived in Perth in 2012, it was a tough business tryung to find a place to rent. Now I hear new immigrants are easily finding rental property at good prices. I am about to change my abode, too.

20. neddy

neddy Alfrescian (Inf)

The lasttime we have such high vacancy rate is in 1995. I expect a lot of pain coming from inexperienced landlords who overextend.some of these people will be burned badly.