1. IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.

The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Discussion in 'A Singaporean's guide to Living In JB' started by wuqi256, Aug 15, 2012.

1. kcwx35

kcwx35 Alfrescian Old Timer

2. enjoylife77

enjoylife77 Alfrescian Old Timer

Very interesting video

3. gamerboyz

gamerboyz New Member

Hi all,

Is it still worth the while to stay in JB and travel to S'pore to work?

@ Danny Khoo Teck Chye
    @ Desmond Teo Yen Koon

4. menghuii

menghuii Alfrescian Old Timer

if yr working hrs is non peak its fine. still cant escape tolls if u drive

5. Frodo

Frodo Alfrescian Old Timer

For me it has been worth all this while. :)

6. eric3417

eric3417 Alfrescian Old Timer

Welcome back!

:)

7. bluesky321

bluesky321 Alfrescian Old Timer

Hi Guys,

Is there any good place in JB (Near or in City Area) to purchase Electronic Products? As Singapore is going to need all "Digital TVs" - Wondering if there is a place to buy a "Digital Antenna" in JB. Any recommendation? Or has anyone bought any Digital TV Antennas to recommend that is cheap and good? Is there really a need to buy those expensive ones? ($30 - $70). Thanks!

8. Zelphon

Zelphon Alfrescian Old Timer

If your TV is digital ready, you can easily buy a digital antenna in Qoo10 in Singapore..
    I got mine at $19.90..

9. bluesky321

bluesky321 Alfrescian Old Timer

Fantastic, however is it working well indoors? Do you need to pull it out all the way near the window for reception? Or does it receive clear and fine just beside the television (even when raining)? Mind telling me the brand you purchase? I have never tried an antenna before - just worried buying one that would give me poor signal. thanks!

10. Zelphon

Zelphon Alfrescian Old Timer

I bought this:
    https://www.qoo10.sg/su/415842448/Q118309495

Very good reception.
    Comes with 3M tape to stick it to the walls/windows.

I placed it indoor and stick it to the inner window frame.

11. Sweethome

Sweethome Alfrescian Old Timer

Bro, let me share my experience at Eco Botanic.

I moved in to EB for more than 6 months, I could say the occupancy rate is still very low now at 20-30% but it is improving. However I hope it can keep low occupancy rate because I like quiet place. I prefer not to see the housing road is full of cars park outside and make the road narrower like many other local estates. The security is very good, one time my child cried very loudly, 2 Security Policy officers visited my unit in 5 minutes, it will never happen in other places I guess. You won't go wrong with this project, try to compare it with other projects then you will know it. The landscaping is definitely one of the best in JB, every time go home I will enjoy the surrounding landscaping, it is still very nice especially in the sunset period. During the recent AGM, I saw many professional residents to make their voice, as long as they could keep the estate well, I will definitely support the committee

In terms of location, I use Tuas checkpoint to go to Singapore and it only takes 10min to reach custom, using Woodlands also not an issue but try to avoid the peak hour period. EB is also very near to LEGOLAN and I go LEGOLAND at least once a month, it is so worth it if you have kids with annual pass. .

In terms of negative points, I can say that there is no groceries shop nearby, and food restaurants also limited. I have to travel to Bukit Indah or Gelang Patah (10min drive) for food and shopping. Another point is the homestay issue which causes a Iot of owners' concern too, I saw few units with same renovation and curtain designs supposed preparing for homestay, unfortunately one of it is my neighbor unit, but so far i have not seen any guest staying in. I hope our committee will take action against these annoying activities in our quiet estate.

Overall, no regret at all on this project, it will be my retirement place for sure if it can maintain well in the next decades.

Lastly, whether RM1.4m is cheap? No need to ask, every one should have the answer indeed. Cheers bro.

12. kslresidence

kslresidence Alfrescian Old Timer

Nice input bro, I almost purchase one grassten (not sure if the spelling is correct) however during the time back to the showroom to confirm the purchase, I overheard the table next to me, a PRC guy loudly proclaimed that he wants the entire row of units putting all his relatives' names. I sian half and told my wife if PRC is buying the estate in such fashion, EB will eventually ended up as a ghost town filled with rich purchasers buying to park their money. Hence we walk away. A year later, we went over to Davenham to take a look again (obviously you can tell how much I love EB project) but the price has soared to incredible height. Decided to hold the fire and see 2018 trend.

Nonetheless happy for you that you are enjoying your purchase and the ambience EB brings to our stressful Singapore lifestyle.

13. kcwx35

Hi Sweethome,

Thanks for your positive post. It made me feel more assured that I have made a right choice.

Do you treat it as a weekend home or permanent home?

As for the groceries, hope that by the time the mall completed, there will a supermarket.

Mine is phase 2 laeken. Heard that it will be ready by June - August.

14. Botak1

Botak1 Alfrescian Old Timer

--
    Hi kcwx35,
    this RM 1.4 mil is for what house type in EcoBotanic ? Is it Davenham ?

15. kcwx35

No. It is not Davenham. Davenham is phase 1.

RM$1.4 million is for phase 2 laeken.

16. Botak1

Oh, OK,. Thanks, kcwx35,

Currently, Eco Botanic is the Best Development in Johor.

However challenges remains, which are,..

1. Cost of Maintenance
    2. Standard of Maintenance

From my experience in Johor, the Parties responsible for such are,

1. Developer
    2. Management Committee (after the JMB)
    3. Managing Agent

These 3 parties plays lotss of Politics and energy-sapping strategies to hide fundamental problems.

In nearby Ujana Apartments, since 2012, We have,

1. Lifts that still doesn't have proper permits,...problems with shaft,..etc.,..
    2. Penthouses that leaks water
    3. Lightning Arrestors that doesn't Work
    4. Fire Monitors that Doesn't Work
    5. Managing Agents that are sleezy and park all over the Apartment complex, protected by a very Bias MC (that refuses to answer to my specific questions)
    6. Massive Water Ponding all over the car park
    7. Rotton Poolside decking (this was recently fixed, but the past JMB compromised Ujana Owner's interest by agreeing to cost-share)
    8. Defective Grounf Floor Riser Pump / Piping
    9. Problemsome Water Booster Pump
    ....etc.,...

At the end of the Day, the Biggest Challenge to maintaining the Property is a Good, HONEST management.

In Ujana, we are still going thought the drama of Human Politics.

I am being threatened by MC that I'd be "sue'd" by posting such in social media - if there are any Lawyers reading this, please advise me.

Owners remains disunited, so the Management takes advantage of creative accounting such as,

1. Over-paying for Landscaping Plants
    2. Over-paying for Light Bulbs,..
    3. Covering up Accounting irregularities by Making Police Report (to absolve self-responsibilities)
    ...etc.,...

Many, many other Condos (SG & Msia) also experience similar - but most Owners are afraid to reveal for fear of property "losing value"

My reason for posting this here is to,

Share my experience - so that other newer developments can learn and do not scummb to the Horrible Ujana Management

Hope that from the lessons experienced, learnt,..the Johor Living Experience can be improved.

Johor really is Beautiful, with Beautiful, Helpful People.

Unfortunately,..Over-leveraged Owners with profit-motive corrupts the Bigger, grand Vision

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  17. Botak1

..management's way of using poor Indonesian Worker,to solve water-proofing problems,.. 1-Worker re-Waterproofing Window - 2013-March 16 (2).JPG

18. Asterix

Asterix Alfrescian (Inf)

Viewed Ujana penthouse the other day. Very well kept. Top floor some more. Lucky never make offer. The thing that put me off Ujana was the fantastic view of the high tension power lines! So, it seems that is not the only thing bad about Ujana.

19. Botak1

The Ujana Penthouses still suffer from, Ceiling leaking water when it rains.
    Management is still trying to get developer to Fix,..

And the Management is still up to a lot of Tricks,..

For the Budget,..Impiana, next to Ujana Price have dropped to MYR 290 psf,..so i was informed, "But Still No Takers"

Such speaks Volumes about the Quality and the After Sales of the Developer and management Standards

20. congo9

congo9 Alfrescian Old Timer

Goo

Good that you are enjoying your property. I always love to hear testimonials of people having a good life out there in Johore.