1. IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.  The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

Discussion in 'A Singaporean's guide to Living In JB' started by wolverine23, Oct 27, 2013.

1. snowbird

snowbird Alfrescian Old Timer

Actually there is nothing much to be happy about for now as the bilateral agreement is only "expected to be signed in December".
    Quite sure SG will not commit anything financial obligation that is legally binding until after the General Election in MY.
    Before that, all these preliminaries, MOU, etc. announcements for the HSR and the RTS actually means nothing.
    However, MY need plenty of such positive news prior the coming general election.

And talking about obligations, the news just came out that MY had missed the payment of US$603 million to IPIC, Abu Dhabi today.
    This obligation, which was due on July 31, is half the amount 1MDB and the Malaysian finance ministry agreed to make to IPIC, with a second payment by the end of 2017.
    When the Ministry of Finance, which is obliged to pay can miss the payment dateline, this has a serious impact on the country's credibility and the world is watching.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...id-to-have-missed-603-million-payment-to-ipic

2. snowbird

snowbird Alfrescian Old Timer

Johor Sultan expresses serious reservations over Rapid Transit System Link design and proposed bridge

Seems like it's back to the drawing board for the proposed RTS from Woodlands to JB.
    And its not only just on the overall design and alignment of the RTS but also the joint venture agreement details.
    So, it looks like there's going to be some delay to the proposed signing of agreement by this year end.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...ions-over-rts-link-design-and-proposed-bridge

3. Jetstream

Jetstream Alfrescian Old Timer

Habis lah like that. Can kiss the 2024 operational date goodbye

4. cow138

cow138 Alfrescian Old Timer

Bridge also so much problem.
    Luckily singapore and Malaysia went separate ways.

5. FHBH12

FHBH12 Alfrescian Old Timer

6. FHBH12

FHBH12 Alfrescian Old Timer

Bus Rapid Transit to serve as Iskandar Malaysia public transportation backbone
    October 7, 2017 @ 1:17pm

"I was informed that the BRT will have elements of light rail transit or metro, which would make it quicker than regular bus services.

"We will ensure that the BRT system would be linked to the Rail Transit System (RTS), the High Speed Rail (HSR) and intercity bus service," said Najib at the project launch today.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...andar-malaysia-public-transportation-backbone