1. IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.

The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canadian PR

Discussion in 'Emigration Matters [no rep deductions]' started by Hock, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Hock

Hock Alfrescian Old Timer

2. winnipegjets

winnipegjets Alfrescian (Inf)

Congrats, doc. So glad that you didn't give up your dream of practicing medicine after moving. It has been a long road but you made it. Life is good again. Best of luck.

3. winnipegjets

NDP Government is good for Alberta. A federal NDP government would be excellent for Canada.

The Canadian government has veered so much to the right that Canada is no longer as highly regarded as it used to. It is seem as belligerent, pro-Isreal to the tee and a climate change denier.
    Look at the audit of charities and ngo that criticised the government, I am reminded of the PAP.

If you want a one party system like sinkapore, it is time to move back to Sinkapore.

4. Charlie99

Charlie99 Alfrescian (Inf)

I hope that Canadians will recall the NDP government in Ontario, led by Bob Rae (who later joined the Federal Liberal Party),
    which I believe, incurred budget deficits, and probably caused Ontario falling into the "debt trap."

Albertans may regret that they voted for an NDP government.

With respect, I hope that Canadians will not vote the NDP to form the next federal government.

5. winnipegjets

You also forgot about the severe recession that happened during Rae's time. A good government take on deficit to counter the slack in demand and go into surplus during growth era. Please lah, be objective. That's why I hate right-wingers.
    What did Harris give Ontarians? A 407 sell-off that continues to piss Ontarians. Harris cut welfare but had no problem paying Accenture big bucks like $250k a year for an admin assistant.

Tell me ...all the right-wing crap for the past 10 years of Harper rule ...how has that benefit Canada? 6 years after the Great Recession, Canada is still having anemic growth. Where are the jobs that are supposed to be created from the $60 billion tax cuts? The trade offs from those tax cuts ...there is less money left for national programs like health care, university education, child care.

65 percents of Canadians already regret a right-wing federal government.

Only the NDP can deliver a country more like the Scandinavian model. If you like the American style government, you can easily move to the US.

6. indig10

indig10 Alfrescian Old Timer

My Canadian friends have absolute disdain for the Harper government and express it vocally. I was a little taken aback by how vehement they were as I'm still learning about the various parties.

7. winnipegjets

8. Charlie99

At the present time, I believe that none of the three parties (Conservatives, Liberals, NDP) can execute and implement the appropriate policies to improve the economy, reduce the deficit, reduce the unemployment.

There is no need to make allegations re: that I forgot the recession during Bob Rae's NDP government in Ontario, American style government).

9. winnipegjets

How can the economy be improved when the focus is on tar sands? Nothing else matter. Denying dutch disease. Ontario's manufacturing was decimated by the high Canadian dollar.

It was not an allegation; it was based on your post. You blame Rae for the deficit but chose not to mention the context. If you showed objectivity, I would have accorded you respect.

10. indig10

indig10 Alfrescian Old Timer

11. winnipegjets

LKY-lite is learning from sinkapore. There are still many ex-sinkees who wish Canada to be like sinkapore in governance. Wonder why they still hang around here after their kids have already benefitted from the education system.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/csis-then-and-now/article22743802/

12. da dick

da dick Alfrescian Old Timer

sinkie quitters destroying countries and communities everywhere they go!!! the legacy of zombie lee never ends!! it's the gift that keeps on giving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Ambulance

Ambulance Alfrescian Old Timer

halo deh yuen ne parkerer mai luan luan sian leh

14. eatshitndie

eatshitndie Alfrescian (Inf)

15. nayr69sg

nayr69sg Alfrescian Old Timer

Chinese speaking patient from Toronto told me today that in Toronto there are Family Physicians who speak Mandarin everywhere. Also they do their lab work, X-rays, Mammogram all at the same clinic where all the staff speak Mandarin.The Family Physician also draws their blood for lab testing themselves. THANK GOD I AM NOT IN TORONTO!

16. fanta

fanta Alfrescian Old Timer

Same lah, everywhere, in Toronto, there are clinics where all the doctors, lab technicians,even janitors all speak tamil. In South Vancouver, one same such clinic all their staff speak hindi, all over the country, there are such clinics.

17. winnipegjets

Toronto is a very diverse city. The doctors are enterprising ...running their own lab.
    An entrepreneur is one who can have a life even when he is not working. You should hobnob with them to learn.

18. nayr69sg

nayr69sg Alfrescian Old Timer

Winnipegjets, are you Canadian or have Canadian PR?

19. Leongsam

Leongsam Administrator Staff Member Old Timer Old Timer

I predict renewed interest in this immigration section because Singapore losers will decide after this election that it is far more lucrative and rewarding to be a loser in Canada. :D

20. Charlie99

I saw a chart on page 1 of the Report of Business, the Globe and Mail (the hard copy of Sep 12, 2015 edition, of the newspaper), but unable to find it online.

The source of the statistics and bar charts are from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, DBRS and StatsCan.

Allow me to provide a summary:

2014 Immigration to Canada by City

Toronto, 29% (Toronto was the top destination for 260,400 permanent residents who immigrated to Canada in 2014)
    Montreal, 16%
    Vancouver, 11%
    Calgary, 8%
    the rast of Canada, 36%

Unemployment Rate by Level of Education (Immigrants who have been here 5 years or less) versus those born in Canada

No degree: Immigrants, unemployment rate almost 14% versus Born in Canada 12%

High School: Immigrants 12% versus Born in Canada 6%

Post secondary education certificate or diploma: Immigrants 10% versus Born in Canada 5%

University degree: Immigrants 12% versus Born in Canada 3%